Where We Are!
Location - Address
Somerset Garden Yurt & Gypsy Caravan Campsite
Outwood, West Lyng
GPS: 51.053567, -2.990198
We are located in the countryside between the towns of Taunton and Bridgewater.
Directions from M5 Junction 25 (Taunton)
- Leave the M5 at Junction 25 and follow the A 358 under the motorway towards Taunton.
- At the next roundabout take the first exit, signed A358 Taunton and move into the right hand lane.
- After approximately a quarter of a mile, on reaching the traffic lights, turn right onto the A38 towards Bridgwater.
- Stay on the A38 for about three miles, the road becomes a dual carriageway and after a short distance (Walford Cross) take the right hand lane and turn right onto the A361, signed to Glastonbury – West Lyng and Durston. (look out for Bigwood Tractors on right)
- Continue on through Durston on the A361, half a mile after leaving the 40 mph speed restriction you cross the canal on a narrow bridge. Take the next left signed to the canal side centre and Maunsel house. Follow this lane for about three quarters of a mile and Cobweb Cottage is the pink cottage on the left.
Directions from the A303
- Leave the A303 at Podimore (this is where the A37 meets the A303 from the north)
- Take the A372 exit off the roundabout signed to Langport.
- As you are entering the village of Langport turn right at the Esso Garage and continue staying on the A372.
- Drive through Aller and on to Othery, ( about four miles from Langport.)
- In Othery turn left onto the A361 towards Taunton. (slightly obscure turning)
- Stay on the A361 through Burrow Bridge, East Lyng (Rose and Crown pub on right) and West Lyng.
- After you pass the turning on left to North Curry, you will crest a small hill, take the next right signed to the canal side centre and Maunsel House (brown sign)
- Cobweb Cottage is the pink cottage on the left side after about three quarters of a mile.
Sarah and Iain Beach – 01823 491622
For the "techies" GPS: 51.053567, -2.990198